Block Party – An elected Factom Authority Node Operator
Block Party plans to create and collaborate on marketing projects to increase Factom’s visibility, help the community create business plans and access capital to fund their endeavors, whilst leverage their existing relationships in the visual effects industry to build and implement applications relating to supply chain management and audit compliance.
Who is Block Party?
The Block Party team consists of an experienced entrepreneur and a systems architect, who are the co-founders of an international visual effects company with over 600 full-time staff, and an Emmy-winning writer with extensive experience writing marketing copy and branded content.
With a total of four team members, who have been friends since college and have been involved with different professional engagements.
Block Party’s project/s timeline
Block Party is working on an application that verifies IT logs in the visual effects industry. IT security is a big concern for content producers with leaked footage costing studios millions of dollars each year. By hashing logs into the blockchain, Block Party is creating a trust-less verification system for this issue. Instead of relying on trust, vendors can prove compliance, reducing costs and increasing content security.
The beta version is expected in six months, with production 9-12 months.
How does Block Party further the Factom protocol?
By being in an extremely visible industry – the entertainment/film industry, this will expose the Factom protocol and it’s potential to a wide audience and attract a lot of attention.
What industries does Block Party believe the Factom protocol could serve best?
Factom solves the data problem, any industry that uses data, which is every industry can benefit from using the Factom protocol. The potential broad reach is what attracted Block Party to Factom initially. The visual industry is set up to be an early adopter of Factom, which is why they’re focusing there.
Authority Set application process interview questions
- How did you find the process of the Authority Set application?
Pretty good, like most things it is all new and being formed in real time – it was a little chaotic, but overall we were impressed with the process and the people behind its orchestration.
- What areas of the application process do you think need amending and why?More organization and make the community more accessible to newcomers to understand the protocol and how to contribute from a fresh perspective. Initially coming into the community can be overwhelming. With all the channels in discord, it can be difficult to get in easily and understand what Factom is and how they can contribute quickly. Organizing it differently to attract bigger entities that don’t have to sift through mountains of information to find out what is relative to them.
- What has been the most difficult aspect of the process?All of it was challenging.
- What has been the most enjoyable aspect of the process?Being at the forefront of this is exciting as this new space evolves. Nobody has done this before – it’s a new frontier. There’s no right or wrong answer, we’re just forming the best way to do things.
- What would you have done differently in hindsight?We would have joined the testnet earlier to get more time on there.
- Any recommendations for teams that are applying to join the authority set?Get involved with the community early and really understanding what Factom does.
“We’re approaching our reach from the customer viewpoints first, working with people and potential customers to design a product around their needs – making it collaborative with the consumers” ~ Jon, Block Party